Friday, July 29, 2011

Grilled Asian Chicken


Ryan and I are still pretty busy with our house which means that I haven’t been cooking much lately. It’s really kinda sad, but then again, I’ll have my new kitchens (yep that is plural I now have 2!) to cook in soon enough. I do have a few recipes saved up for times like this when I just can’t get into the kitchen and this recipe for Asian Grilled Chicken just happens to be one of them. And guess what? It also happens to be perfect for summer. To be honest, I am not quite sure why it took me so long to share this. It really made some of the best, juciest grilled chicken I’ve had in a while and the Asian-inspired twist is a nice change from traditional BBQ sauce.


You will need:

6 chicken legs
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon chili oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar

Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Place in a bowl.
Whisk soy sauce, garlic, ginger, chili, sesame oil and rice vinegar together in a bowl. Pour over chicken. Cover chicken and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat grill to medium- high heat.
Cook chicken on the grill for 25 – 30 minutes depending on the size of the chicken legs. Chicken is done when it is punctured and juices run clear.
Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment